Craftwerx Studio Fabric Funhouse


Craftwerx Studio Fabric Funhouse

Craftwerx Studio
is a retailer of quality pre-cut quilting fabrics currenlty in squares, kits & stash packs.

We also sell embroidery silks, rayons & cotton to personalise your work and design our own
Weekend Quilting Project Kits & SUDOKU puzzle quilt kits which are great gifts.

I'm Teesha Morgan and this is my blog!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Quilted Hair bands

Hi Everyone,

I have finally got around to taking some pics of the hairbands that I have been making  which will be new kits in the store soon.
I use cotton towelling for the batting as I want them to be useful as cool bands in summer and towelling hold water well and is comfortable and not sweaty.

 So far I have 4 variations of the pattern and I am thinking of offering kits for one and three headbands. Each kit will be one of a kind as I am using the strip left over from the fabrics once I have cut them into squares. These strips are between 1.5-2" and work wonderfully for hairbands. Plus I have a patchwork version using 2.5" squares.

The kits will include everything you need to make them including fabric, backing fabric, floss, thread, cotton toweling batting and elastic.

Once I have made up the pattern I will post a version of it for free on the blog as I intend to do for my cushions also.
This one uses 3 strips of tye dye fabric and some fancy metalic floss.
It shows the shape of the hairband before the elastic goes on.

  

This pic has all 3 that I have made so far.

This one has beads and lots of embroidery.

This is the first one that I made. In these pics, you can see how the elastic attaches


This pic shows ho I stitched in the backing fabric to "cover all the workings"

I hope that you enjoy the headbands and look forward to seeing some as competition entries. They make great Christmas presents too.

No comments:

Post a Comment