The next step in my Windmills in the Garden quilt was to add the die cut shapes. Before sewing them onto the block, I added som embroidery and as I wanted a slightly 3d effect, I also put some batting on the back of them before embroidering. I use pre cut die cut pieces but you can also make your own by prining out clip art and then cutting the fabric with it to make a shape. Once I was happy with the die cuts, I then used the sewing machine on zig zag stitch to sew them onto the blocks. I also varied the thread and intensity or width of the zig zag depending on the die cut size. The next step is to add sashing, I wasn't going to originally but as part of the organic quilting process, it became apparent that it would look good as the quilt progressed. Until next time..