Craftwerx Studio Fabric Funhouse


Craftwerx Studio Fabric Funhouse

Craftwerx Studio
is a retailer of quality pre-cut quilting fabrics currenlty in squares, kits & stash packs.

We also sell embroidery silks, rayons & cotton to personalise your work and design our own
Weekend Quilting Project Kits & SUDOKU puzzle quilt kits which are great gifts.

I'm Teesha Morgan and this is my blog!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Quilting for Queensland- more quilter & knitters needed!


What is Quilting for Queensland?
I started Quilting for Queensland the day after I saw Pictures on the News of the Lokyer Valley.

For me, it was the kids that I saw who have been through so much trauma and who are going to be traumatised again when they finally get home to find everything that is special to them, all their kid stuff- gone or ruined beyond repair.

After some thinking, I started making a kids quilt that I will be sending to Grantham so that at least one child who has lost so much, has something special when they get back home.

I hope that this is the first of many that I will be making.

It is a very simple pattern that I have written and made for my own family made with nice bright fabrics which can be made with or without a name on it.

I know that there are many, many crafty people out there who will feel better about themselves and their contribution simply by sitting in front of the TV sewing a gift for an Aussie Kid who has had a really bad Christmas this year.

So get quilting! Use your favourite bright fabrics and pattern to make the first of many quilts for Queensland! They don't need to be huge full bed size year long projects, just a simple travel or lap quilt of about a meter. Something to say that you care! If you don't have kids fabrics, buy some!
 
Currently we have distribution points for the 100+ people in Grantham and the Lokyer Valley area affected by the floods & Mission Beach for 60+ people in the Tully area affected by Cyclone Yasi.
There are also people in Victoria, Western Australia & South Australia who are also flood affected who we would like to help but as very do not have the quilters.
Currently we have 16 quilters and 2 knitters but we need lots more!

If you don't have any ideas yourself but would like to make a kids quilt for Queensland, send me an email and I will send you details of the "Quilt for Queensland" pack that I have put together for $30.

Profits from the sales of my Quilt for Queensland packs are donated to the Grantham flood appeal and you will have a wonderful simple quilting project to work on that will make a difference!

So I am sending out a challenge-
Make a Quilt for Queensland!


Who can join Quilting for Queensland?Anyone who would like to join our group is welcome, you can participate by
a) becoming a liker
b) making quilts or blankets to send to people in Qld who need them
c) purchasing fabric for one of the quilters to make a quilt
d) making a donation for one of the quilters to make a quilt
Currently we have distribution points for the 100+ people in Grantham and the Lokyer Valley area affected by the floods & Mission Beach for 60+ people in the Tully area affected by Cyclone Yasi.
There are also people in Victoria, Western Australia & South Australia who are also flood affected who we would like to help but as very do not have the quilters.
Currently we have 16 quilters and 2 knitters but we need lots more!
I look forward to meeting you and seeing your quilts!
 
PS: We now have been asked to make quilts for elderly residents of the Lokyer Valley as they are suffering and having a hard time coming to terms with their losses.
 
PPS- If you have ready made quilts that you can send please email me craftwerxstudio@gmail.com for the address to send them to.
So if you can sew, knitt, crochet, macrame, applique or tatt please join our group!

No comments:

Post a Comment