Craftwerx Studio Fabric Funhouse


Craftwerx Studio Fabric Funhouse

Craftwerx Studio
is a retailer of quality pre-cut quilting fabrics currenlty in squares, kits & stash packs.

We also sell embroidery silks, rayons & cotton to personalise your work and design our own
Weekend Quilting Project Kits & SUDOKU puzzle quilt kits which are great gifts.

I'm Teesha Morgan and this is my blog!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Latest Love products

Yes, I have been a slack blogger again but in my defence I have been in the process of huge clearance sales on my FaceBoo page www.facebook.com/craftwerxsales and opening my new dolls page www.facebook.com/misspollysdollhouse

Anyway this post is about some AWSOME products that I have found lately - I wonder how I managed to make anything good with out them!

The first is curved needles! You know the ones that you see them use to stitch up people- well now I know why. They are amazing for quilting and doll making. If you want to give it a try, I have  3 packs of 4 needles in various sizes in stock for $1.50 each plus postage- so give be an email craftwerxstudio@gmail.com and I will invoice you.

The second one is Fray Stop - OMG you can cut and clip you seems so short! add a little dab of this stuff - runs like water so is really easy to apply if you just stick a pin in the nozzle rather than cutting it. I swear you can cut right up to your sewing put on some Fray Stop and you don't need to worry about the seem popping. I have 5 bottles in stock for $5.85 plus postage so shoot me an email if you want one.

My third discovery is Wonderfil thread- I am so in love with this stuff! I do a lot of hand embroidery on my quilts and dolls and just around the house and I hate having to pull apart stranded cotton. Well Wonderfil has these great threads that are 2 7 3 ply that can be used by hand or machine for embroidery and are wonderful to use!
I love the dazzle as it has a twist of metaclic through it. I have found that it doesn't tangle and runs super smooth so you can use longer lengths without  worrying about it getting ratty.

Unfortunately I have to buy a box of 5 of each colour and they are expensive threads- but I am happy to order in colours as needed. Just email me for a PDF colour chart and price per spool (varies by type and colour)

Here are the specs of each.

Accent
2 ply, 12wt rayon. 40 solid colours. Exquisitely finished with great sheen & softness. Strong & easy to sew in any machine. Perfect weight for decorative stitching. Adds dimension & accent. Use #90 embroidery needle. Home sew and long arm machines.

Thread Accent Multi 400mt2 ply, 12wt rayon. 20 multi colours. Exquisitely finished with great sheen & softness. Strong & easy to sew in any machine. Perfect weight for decorative stitching. Adds dimension & accent. Use #90 embroidery needle. Home sew and long arm machines.
Razzle & Dazzle
Heavy rayon thread. 3 ply - 250 yard spools (razzle), 200 yard spools (dazzle). 46 rayon colors. High natural sheen. Silky hand feel. Comparable to no. 8 crochet cotton. Home sew and long arm machines.
Suggested Uses:

Razzle is rayon only. Use through bobbin for bobbin sewing, couch on top of projects. Use for knitting, crochet, tassels, fringes.
Dazzle is rayon and has a twist of glitzy metallic.
Sizzle
4 ply heavy metallic. 13 brilliant colors. 180yds/spool. Runs well in bobbin. Home sew and long arm machines

I hope that you have fun sewing this week! I am having another clearance sale on www.facebook.com/craftwerxsales which runs until the 21st Feb with new items daily so I will be busy.

I will have some ready to buy dolls very soon - so keep checking to have a look.
Cheers for now,
Teesha

No comments:

Post a Comment